There are many well thought out design features which make the MTO Sport highly durable with a long life expectancy and set the MTO Sport apart from its competitors. Some of these features include the following:
- The MTO Sport airframe is manufactured from high grade TIG welded stainless steel which is electro-polished to give it amazing durability and a great appearance.
- The MTO Sport is powered by the reliable industry-standard Rotax 912 ULS aircraft engine, which provides excellent performance. Of course, the Rotax 914 Turbo is also available as an option giving even better performance.
- The tail unit, nacelle, propeller and the main landing gear are manufactured from high quality composite materials.
- The rotor system is extruded from aviation-grade aluminum with a NACA 8H12 airfoil section.
- The hub bar is reputed to be one of the strongest designs around and used in all aircraft manufactured by Auto-Gyro Germany.
- The MTO Sport is the first aircraft to gain approval under the German regulations for Ultralight AutoGyro's. The strict German noise regulations ensure that the MTO Sport is very quiet.
- Superb quality factory construction and finish.
- Three standard color options.
Modern Styling & High Performance
With its modern styling and high performance, the MTO Sport turns heads wherever it goes and there is no shortage of takers for Demonstration Flights!!
Some of the advantages of the MTO Sport over conventional fixed-wing aircraft:
- Open cockpit fun while remaining well protected from wind and rain.
- Turbulence has little or no effect - no bouncing around!
- Minimal take-off distances (typically 150-450 feet).
- Very short landing distances.
- Wide speed range, with a very low minimum speed safely possible.
- An MTO Sport costs around 10% of the cost to own and operate a helicopter yet can accomplish 90% of what a helicopter can do. Unlike a helicopter an AutoGyro cannot hover, take off or land vertically.
Features of the MTO Sport
- Tandem Open Cockpit
- Dual controls
- Airframe and accessories fabricated from high grade TIG welded stainless steel which is electro-polished.
- Engine - Rotax 912 ULS 100 HP or optional Rotax 914T (turbo) 115 HP both with 1:2.43 reduction gearbox and slipper clutch as standard.
- High-grade stainless steel exhaust system.
- Cockpit, seats, landing gear, 3-blade propeller and tail unit all fabricated from hi-tech composite material.
- Hydraulic disc brakes on the main wheels with lockable parking brake.
- Pneumatic in-flight adjustable trim.
- Pneumatic rotor brake
- Oil thermostat regulates the Oil temp at 90 degrees.
- Auto-Gyro extruded aluminum rotor system featuring a NACA 8H12
- Powerful engine-driven pre-rotator
- Full size windscreens for pilot and passenger
- Three standard colors
- Avionics packages such as radio, transponder and GPS units available
- Rear Seat Instructor Pack
- Custom colors available
- Weatherproof cover
- LED landing lights
- LED combination strobe/navigation lights